qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Raw vs. tap

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Raw vs. tap
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 08:32:03 -0500

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 05:53:56PM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
I would be much more inclined to consider taking raw and improving the performance long term if guest<->host networking worked. This appears to be a fundamental limitation though and I think it's something that will forever plague users if we include this feature.

In fact, I think it's fixable with a raw socket bound to a macvlan.
Would that be enough?

What setup does that entail on the part of a user? Wouldn't we be back to square one wrt users having to run archaic networking commands in order to set things up?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori