qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Release plan for 0.12.0

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Release plan for 0.12.0
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 09:21:04 -0500

Jens Osterkamp wrote:
On Wednesday 30 September 2009, Anthony Liguori wrote:

 o VMState conversion -- I expect most of the pc target to be completed
 o qdev conversion -- I hope that we'll get most of the pc target
completely converted to qdev
 o storage live migration
 o switch to SeaBIOS (need to finish porting features from Bochs)
 o switch to gPXE (need to resolve slirp tftp server issue)
 o KSM integration
 o in-kernel APIC support for KVM
 o guest SMP support for KVM
 o updates to the default pc machine type

Please add to this list and I'll collect it all and post it somewhere.

What about Or Gerlitz' raw backend driver ? I did not see it go in yet, or did I miss something ?

The patch seems to have not been updated after the initial posting and the first feedback cycle.

I'm generally inclined to oppose the functionality as I don't think it offers any advantages over the existing backends.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori