qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PC machine types switched to SeaBIOS/gPXE

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PC machine types switched to SeaBIOS/gPXE
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:07:21 +0200

On 11/10/2009 03:03 PM, Alexander Graf wrote:
Anywhere you put it the bios has a right to trample. Of course our bios (and its maintainer) are cooperative, but there's not reason to impose on that if we can do the right thing and load the data at the right moment.

Right. The only thing we're missing is soft breakpoints set in gdb when running the guest with -s -S, as the guest kernel just isn't there by then yet.

Copying things around in int 19 would also break this.

But I guess we can live without that feature, as long as the rest works.

You can put a hardware breakpoint on the ELF entry point and then place your soft breakpoints.