qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: commit rules for common git tree

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: commit rules for common git tree
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 16:52:09 -0600

There are ~35 patches committed each working day.  That's a lot of
unnecessary traffic to qemu-devel IMHO.

It's only unnecessary if you don't consider that people might
review patches. When I see "thanks applied" I know e.g. it's not
waiting for review. Or if it is wrong I will comment with priority.

It's a matter of balancing the needs of one group with another. qemu-devel already has way too much traffic for the vast majority of people to digest. Adding more traffic just makes that worse.

As a reviewer, you can read qemu-commits to see when something has been committed.

I have the same problem fwiw. I don't read qemu-commits because I always look at the contents of origin when I fetch from it to see what others are doing. Practically speaking, to really review patches, I think you have to follow master to see what's changing.

I'm open to creative ideas, but my main concern is that when there's a push in one day of 50 unique patches (which happens), that's a big flood of email to various threads which gets annoying to sift through.

I don't it's a huge burder to just read another mailing list.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Regards,

Anthony Liguori