qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Merge qemu android

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Merge qemu android
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 18:35:16 -0800

Anthony is right, and unfortunately the Android team doesn't have the bandwidth to support sending patches to upstream
at the moment.

Note that our version of QEMU is a rather complex mix of 0.8.2 and upstream. I routinely cherry pick upstream improvements
and incorporate them to the codebase. However, I'm also pretty conservative and try to avoid stuff we don't depend on and
which risk breaking other stuff easily so many parts don't get in, or are implemented differently.

Also, many, many things in the Android emulator codebase have very little value for upstream qemu, imho.

Bastien, what specific features are you interested in ? I can still have a look at what would be required to generate the
corresponding upstream patch.