qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio latency

From: Alberich de megres
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio latency
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 23:19:45 +0100

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:45 PM, malc <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Alberich de megres wrote:
>
>> Another interesting thing:
>>
>> on guest side,
>> when i leave the screen quiet, for example just showing desktop with
>> no animations at all (so there's no change in what should be drawed)
>> things improve a lot of, and then i coudl hear a song perfectly.
>> The screen is 1680x1050. the same thing happens when i low screen
>> resolution to 800x600
>>
>> Could be the emulated VGA graphic adapter latency? I suppose that i
>> haven't 2D acceleration so CPU has to paint the screen everytime a
>> change is done.
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Alberich de megres
>> <address@hidden> wrote:

> And there you go again :)

:( sorry once again

> [..snip..]
>
> QEMU is synchronous, if it takes too much time doing the video stuff
> audio will be starved, i don't think i can help with that, what you
> can do to test this theory of yours is to use VNC, set things up start
> the song and then disconnect, if the audio is playing normally then
> you are right.

You mean VNC conecting to guest OS? (windows in this case?)

> --
> mailto:address@hidden

Qemu, uses some kind of 2D hardware acceleration to draw? or simply it
does with CPU?

It would be hard for me to implement a patch to make qemu
asynchronous? (i mean, if the qemu soft architecture allows it on a
easy way or not).

Thanks for all :))