qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Submitting a change...?

From: Rob Earhart
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Submitting a change...?
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 14:38:34 -0800

So, I have a patch I'd like to submit.  It's pretty simple - when using a differencing disk and loading a snapshot, it includes the backing disks in the search.  It seems to work fine on my machine.

I'm not sure what the procedure for submitting changes is; it's been a long time since I've contributed to an open source project.  I used "git clone" to pull down the source and make my modifications; "git diff HEAD" appears to be reasonable, "git commit --dry-run" appears to correctly identify the modified files... but I don't know what comes next.  :-)

So now what?  Would running "git commit" do the right thing?  Should I generate a diff and send the output somewhere for review and possible approval?  Something else?

Thanks,
)Rob