qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] memory trace with qemu

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] memory trace with qemu
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:25:41 +0700

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 13:15, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks Mulyadi, I think you are referring to the tracing work that
> Prerna Saxena and I are doing.  Here is the documentation:
>
> http://repo.or.cz/w/qemu/stefanha.git/blob/tracing:/docs/tracing.txt

You're welcome Stefan :) I just hate to see people reinvent the wheel,
even for "holy and sacred" purpose :)

This makes me believe that Qemu is indeed an (almost) ideal platform
to do system tracing, given that it is open source and support many
many cpu architecture. Possibly in the future (or now?), it would be a
standard for binary analysis platform.

my own question: any benchmark to show us the overhead of each of
these tracing frameworks/patches?

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa