qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] multi-threaded smp support

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] multi-threaded smp support
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 12:47:40 +0700

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:09, Wenhao Xu <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, Folks,
>    AFAIK, QEMU supports SMP, but by using one thread to execute the
> translated blocks of different CPU in an interleaving way. This makes the
> SMP emulation very slow. I am wondering what are difficulties to use
> multit-thread to emulate the SMP, e.g. using one thread to execute the
> translated block of one CPU (core).

A research group from China posted this exactly kind of work weeks
ago..COREMU or something like that...they modify Qemu quite a lot..and
from what I read (in this list..) they are in middle of process to
gradually submit patches to be considered as part of mainline Qemu.
Sorry couldn't recall the exact name, so I'll leave you with the
search engine to search it.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa