qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: KVM call agenda for Jan 11

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: KVM call agenda for Jan 11
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 14:32:40 +0100

Juan Quintela <address@hidden> wrote:

> Now sent it to the right kvm list.  Sorry for the second sent.
>
>> Please send any agenda items you are interested in covering.
>>
>> - KVM Forum 2011 (Jes).
>>
>> thanks, Juan.

- migration and block devices: a mess.
  * patches I sent last week: only work for root (for some definition of
    work)
  * qemu is used as non-root user.
  * forcing to have cache=none solves the issue
  * we use migrate not only for live migration, but also for
    save/resume.

At this point only 4 ideas remaining:

* -incoming-this-is-a-live-migration
  (or the opposite -incoming-this-is-a-restore-operation)
* just forche cache=none if you want to call migration code.
* let management app to do the right thing (it can check for cache=none)
* do nothing and pray?

Later, Juan.