qemu-devel

Re: [Spice-devel] [Qemu-devel] spicevmv chardev, guest agents and paravi

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Spice-devel] [Qemu-devel] spicevmv chardev, guest agents and paravirtual mouse
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:12:34 +0100

  Hi,

The VDAgentMouseState messages have one problem: They send the pointer
position as-is, which introduces a dependency on the screen size.

Yeah, if we could get rid of that, that would be great. We could even
introduce a new mouse message type to the existing spice vdagent protocol
and use capabilities to switch between the 2.

I'd rather go straight to the paravirtual mouse. spice can use both vdagent and usual qemu input devices such as usb tablet to route mouse events, so the switchover should be relatively painless and also completely independent from the agent design.

cheers,
  Gerd