qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OSX build issues

From: François Revol
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OSX build issues
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 22:26:12 +0100

Le 15 mars 2011 à 22:03, Blue Swirl a écrit :

> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 11:21 PM, François Revol <address@hidden> wrote:
>> The OSX build has been broken for some time now...
>>
>> * qemu-thread-posix.c:
>> both qemu_mutex_timedlock and qemu_cond_timedwait make use of
>> clock_gettime() and CLOCK_REALTIME, which OSX doesn't have.
>> It seems like both functions are nowhere found. Can they be removed then ?
>
> This patch should fix the problem.
> <0001-qemu-thread-delete-unused-functions.patch>

It should fix the build issue.
But QEMU is unreliable on OSX even when it gets built.
I tried to bisect but lost some time trying to find a revision that actually
builds. I thought I updated more this month...

55f8d6ac3e03d2859393c281737f60c65dfc9ab3 definitely works ok.
Then there are some thread-related changes which I suspect have side effects.
The guest starts but stales for a while several times, at least with Haiku.
And the screen (SDL, couldn't try with vnc since the OSX client violates the
RFB specs and QEMU doesn't like it) stays white for some time, then is only
updated a few times.
Then the IDE driver fails to get DMA working, disables the DMA and eventually
goes a bit further.

François.