qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] adding search to dhcp

From: Carl Karsten
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] adding search to dhcp
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 10:22:41 -0500

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 6:01 AM, Markus Armbruster <address@hidden> wrote:
> Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Carl Karsten <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> I would expect the syntax to look like this:
>>>
>>> qemu -hda 1.qcow2 -net nick -net
>>> user,hostname=qemu,search=example.com,sales.example.com
>>
>> Comma escaping is needed but it seems like a reasonable feature to me.
>
> Comma escaping is ugly:
> -net user,hostname=qemu,search=example.com,,sales.example.com
>
> Could we have multiple search options instead?  Like this:
> -net user,hostname=qemu,search=example.com,search=sales.example.com

How about:

-net user,hostname=qemu,search="example.com,sales.example.com"

Given I personally only need one search domain, any objection to me
only writing the code to support 1?  I would think the simple case
search=example.com  should be the same regardless of how someone
implemented multiples.

--
Carl K