qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Memory API

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Memory API
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 16:47:04 +0300

On 05/19/2011 04:43 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:

>  I feel a lot less comfortable about it since it introduces more
>  variables.  It also means a full conversion is impossible.
>
>  While doing it in one pass reduces the total effort, it increases the
>  risk IMO.

If we are sure we can reasonably evolve from this conversion level and
it will still fit the final model, then we may take that route. If you
want to go that way, OK, let's see what v2 will bring. We should use the
meantime and try to further develop the long-term APIs.

Yes. This way people who are familiar with qdev and non-x86 can look at the API and the partial conversion and see if something is missing.