qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Apple Remote Desktop - macosx built-in client and qemu

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Apple Remote Desktop - macosx built-in client and qemu -vnc
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 14:56:55 +0200

Hello,

Am 16.06.2011 um 17:10 schrieb Amitava Shee:

I have been spawning qemu using -vnc :3 and using an ssh tunnel to view the console from my macosx client. "Chicken of the VNC" is able to work over the tunnel. However, the built-in "Apple Remote Desktop" client is unable to connect (open vnc://localhost:5903).

Here's the command that sets up the tunnel
ashee:~ amitava$ ssh -L 5903:127.0.0.1:5903 bonjovi

Is this a known issue?

I'm not aware of anyone having tried to use (mostly undocumented) Apple Remote Desktop with QEMU.

Knowing little about VNC, are both clients using port 5903? Do you have the prerequisites for the optional VNC features installed? (Check configure output.) Your tunnel might become unnecessary with built-in TLS support?

Andreas