qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Regression in QEMU user-mode (Was: "tcg: Reload local v

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Regression in QEMU user-mode (Was: "tcg: Reload local variables after return from longjmp")
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 15:19:26 +0100

On 26 August 2011 15:15,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Jan Kiszka & Blue Swirl,
>
> Hi would like to report a strange behaviour exposed by commit 0d101938
> "tcg: Reload local variables after return from longjmp" (found with
> `git bisect` and then reverted to be sure).
>
> When emulating in *user-mode* the program `msgmerge`, I get the
> following error(s):
>
>    $ /usr/bin/msgmerge --update -q /dev/null /dev/null
>    qemu-arm: pthread_mutex_lock.c:62: __pthread_mutex_lock: Assertion
> `mutex->__data.__owner == 0' failed.

Yes; we've discussed this before in this thread:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2011-08/msg01623.html

That commit breaks multi-threaded usermode programs (well, even
more than they usually are). I think we decided that the right
fix was to make cpu_single_env thread-local (but that needs a
slight change for windows, see one of the messages in the thread).

-- PMM