qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Preliminary results of unit testing on qemu.git

From: Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Preliminary results of unit testing on qemu.git
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:31:30 -0300

Hi folks,

I've recently sent a patch porting the -testdev device from qemu-kvm.git to qemu.git, and I went ahead and started running the unittests on qemu.git. It's still not integrated to our test grid, I just ran it in my laptop, which runs a fairly recent linux 3.0 kernel (which in Fedora 15 they are calling 2.6.40 :))

We had a fair number of failures. Right now, avi's kernel + qemu-kvm.git only yields an apic failure, so I guess we need to start investigating the failures. If we are going to get qemu-kvm and qemu to merge eventually we need to sort out all the issues.

08/26 17:12:39 ERROR|       kvm:0102| Test failed: TestFail: Unit tests failed:
apic vmexit access hypercall idt_test msr sieve xsave svm kvmclock_test

Due to some disk quota problems with my people.redhat.com page, I could not post the full test logs, so if anyone needs it (~600KB .tar.bz2), please let me know.

Cheers,

Lucas