qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Do you have a use for a tester of virtio-scsi with CD d

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Do you have a use for a tester of virtio-scsi with CD drives ?
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 15:46:03 +0100

Hi,

> We're about to release QEMU 1.0(-rc1) and you've just spotted a
> compilation issue...

Maybe one should consider to obtain the missing information
rather than crippling the debug message, like i did.

> You've solved this issue 50%! What's missing now is for you to put this
> fix into a self-contained patch (without the enabling of DEBUG_SCSI,
> etc.) and to submit it using the git-send-email command, so that your
> fix can be applied. :)

Please bear with me. I'm a git noob, who does everything by
try-and-error.
It will be better for everybody, if this patch is generated by
someone who knows what she or he is doing.

I'm still dizzy from drilling a hole into the entrails of qemu
and will have to learn about some compiler tricks which are not
mentioned in my german copy of K&R.
Further, if i learn too much about qemu, then i will lose my
naivity skills as unbiased tester. :))

Have a nice day :)

Thomas