qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Initializing PC from memory on reset?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Initializing PC from memory on reset?
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 07:47:03 +0000

On 23 November 2011 23:59, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
> Unlike PowerPC, an architecture that I'm trying to emulate does not
> store branch instructions in the reset vector but a memory address. I'm
> therefore trying to read physical address 0x00000 and store its value
> into my env->pc.

Have you looked at how M profile ARM does it? That has a similar
"read memory for initial PC value". (There are some interesting
wrinkles, not all of which we get quite right, regarding how this
should interact with initial ELF image load and the user fiddling
with PC and RAM in an attached debugger.)

-- PMM