qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QEMU Object Model status/merge plan

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QEMU Object Model status/merge plan
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:35:00 +0000

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
> I choose the serial device to showcase what we'll eventually be able to do.
>  The three relevant files are:
>
> https://github.com/aliguori/qemu/blob/qom-next/hw/isa-serial.c
>
> https://github.com/aliguori/qemu/blob/qom-next/hw/mm-serial.c
>
> https://github.com/aliguori/qemu/blob/qom-next/hw/serial.c

I'm not sure I understand how init functions are called for derived
classes.  On one hand mm-serial.c calls its superclass init function,
on the other hand isa-bus.c:isa_qdev_init() calls an init function
that its child class must provide.  One is calling its parent, the
other is calling its child.  Is there a consistent way of doing this
and what did I miss :)?

Stefan