qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] insmod virtio-blk is broken in qemu 1.0

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] insmod virtio-blk is broken in qemu 1.0
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 11:34:13 -0600

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 11:49:56AM -0500, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 10:24:07AM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 09:22:45AM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
I've even further narrowed it down to the presents or lack of '-vga
cirrus'.  If you add '-vga cirrus' to the above command line, the
guest will boot successfully.

Confirmed: Adding -vga cirrus to the command line cures it too.

That's a strange one :-)

vga sticks out a bit because it's one of the few places where we
treat device memory as ram as a performance optimization.

The only time vga has been touched in between v0.15 and v1.0 was
during the introduction of the memory API.

It's this commit:

commit d67c3f2cd92aed2247bfa8a9da61a902b7b2ff09