qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] interrupt handling in qemu

From: Xin Tong
Subject: [Qemu-devel] interrupt handling in qemu
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 16:12:15 -0700

QEMU does not exit and handle interrupt within translation blocks. it
only exits after the translation block is finished. Assuming a
translation block is very long, is it possible that QEMU could have
exceeded the interrupt's "timing window" and yields unexpected
behavior.

The reason I ask is that I am searching for alternatives to QEMU
current way of handling interrupt (unlink translation blocks on
interrupt). However, an obvious approach - checking for interrupt in
every basic block,  seems to be too heavy ( too many tb enters/exits
). Maybe checking interrupt in a few basic blocks might be better, but
what is a good measure for the number of basic blocks to execute
before checking for interrupt ?

Thanks

Xin