qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How can I make serial console works

From: Zhi-zhou Zhang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How can I make serial console works
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:37:30 +0800

Sorry for resend this mail, for I can't see it untill now, I thought I had failed send to the mailist.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
How do you know? :)
 I added a function in op_helper.c, then every insn will dump all the registers when it runs. I traced the log and was sure that we had get to the rest_init().

> but there is no any message to the console.What should I do?
> Does timer and pic must implement first? Need I implement a serial port
> or just setup IO address?

For a serial console you need a serial port, yes. Whether you can reuse,
e.g., the memory-mapped serial port or need to write your own device
depends on the hardware you're trying to match and that also determines
what dependencies you have - timer and PIC are likely.

I want to use 8250, it seems it needs PIC and timer.
I have finished openrisc's timer(there is still some pits), and want to use 8259.
 But I don't how to start.
Have you checked http://repo.or.cz/w/qemu/openrisc.git?

No, we did it from zero. I will check it for reference.

--
Regards,
Zhizhou Zhang