qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU was not selected for Google Summer of Code this ye

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU was not selected for Google Summer of Code this year
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 18:28:33 +0100

Am 16.03.2012 23:11, schrieb François Revol:
> It should be possible to come up with a project involving QEMU on Haiku
> if anyone is interested.
> While there is an existing QEMU port, I'm not sure in what state it
> currently is.

Haiku is missing a GLib OptionalPackage, and I have so far not finished
collecting all the prerequisites to build it from git - to ./autogen.sh
glib you needs gtk-doc, gtk-doc needs gnome-common or what-not. Also
HaikuPorts, like many of the ports systems, is collecting recipes to
build stable versions and stopping there rather than focussing on fixing
issues upstream, so that the porting doesn't need to be done all over
again... GLib still doesn't seem to have Haiku support after three+ years.

Andreas