qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] checkpatch and git-am bots

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] checkpatch and git-am bots
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 16:01:39 -0600

Blue Swirl <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I activated a checkpatch and git-am bot using the patches framework
>> today.  I decided to pick on Paolo and use him as an example:
>>
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/190181
>>
>> There are quite a lot of patches on list that fail checkpatch but the
>> bots will only notify on new patches from now on.
>>
>> I'm still reviewing every mail that 'patches notify' sends out by hand so
>> there shouldn't be massive spam.
>>
>> I've published the code for patches although I've not announced it yet.
>> I'm still making some CLI changes but hope to do a proper announcement
>> in the next week or so.
>>
>> http://github.com/aliguori/patches.git
>>
>> If anyone wants to try it out, let me know, and I would be happy to
>> answer questions/help you set it up.
>
> Pretty cool, there seems to be buildbot support too.

You can define a buildbot although that's I guess a poor name.  I'm
going to setup a couple tomorrow to do various builds of pull requests.

I want to integrate with the real Buildbot but I need an API for that.
Stefan told me that a REST API is being worked on.

> Acked-by: tag handling seems to be missing.

Doh, that's a silly bug.  I pushed a fix to github.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori