qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/8] arm-devs queue

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/8] arm-devs queue
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 23:01:36 +0100

On 25 June 2013 22:45, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
> Peter Maydell <address@hidden> writes:
>> and (more generically) do you care if the tag message
>> actually has any useful content? I notice mst does both.
>
> Note the tags don't show up in qemu.git git history.

The tags don't, but the message does, at least according to
https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/howto/using-signed-tag-in-pull-request.html
which says a signed tag always results in a merge commit
which includes the message that came with the tag.

For most of these pull requests I'm not sure the message
would actually add much useful info though, which is why
I left it at just "arm-devs queue".

thanks
-- PMM