qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] osx bootloader

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] osx bootloader
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 01:38:17 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014, Gabriel L. Somlo wrote:
I managed to boot OVMF following their wiki; It seems to work with kvm
enabled, but not with -M q35. My current command line is:

I've tried with the version compiled from the edk2 HEAD and that also fails with -M q35. I've managed to get some debug output via the options described in OVMF's readme file and the error is around where initialising the graphics card. With q35 it stops with:

ASSERT .../edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseIoLibIntrinsic/IoLibGcc.c(163): (Port & 3)
== 0

This function is IoRead32 and it says the port must be 32-bit aligned. I've tried to find what port it tries to access but qemu -d ioport option generates no output for me. Any hints on how to use this debug option of qemu?

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan