qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] who do a send a link request to

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] who do a send a link request to
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 11:06:55 +0100

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 09:14:37PM -0500, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> PetiteCloud is a layer 0 cloud platform (see site for details of what that
> means and how it fits into the virtualization/cloud computing land scape)

http://petitecloud.org/info.jsp doesn't do it for me.  I see a lot of
buzzwords (some of the new to me, did you invent "vertical industry
level clustering" and "horizontal sector level clustering"?) and
spelling mistakes but no summary of what this thing does.

My guess: PetiteCloud is a web-based management interface that runs on
baremetal or on a cloud, it lets you control your own sub-cloud.

Like, proxmox or kimchi for the cloud?  That's what the screenshots tell
me but maybe I didn't understand the point.

> that supports among other hypervisors (I know qemu hates the term but
> that's what everyone else calls) QEMU.   How do I go about getting a link
> on qemu.org for it (we already have several to qemu for example in our
> hypervisor support matrix)

Where would you add PetiteCloud on http://qemu-project.org/Links?  I
guess "Other management tools/systems".

Please post the actual snippet that you want on the wiki.

qemu-project.org is a wiki, you can request an account but for this
small edit I'm happy to do it.

Note that the links are rel="nofollow" so they won't count towards
Search Engine Optimization but they may steer human visitors to your
site.

Stefan