qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Call for testing QEMU aarch64-linux-user emulation

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Call for testing QEMU aarch64-linux-user emulation
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:56:40 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014, Alex Bennée wrote:

> > Not sure there's much point looking very deeply into this. Java
> > programs are threaded, threaded programs don't work under QEMU =>
> > don't try to run Java under QEMU :-)
>
> Having said that I'm sure there was another SIGILL related crash on
> Launchpad and I think we would be interested in those. Is JAVA really
> that buggy under QEMU just because of threading?

Generally speaking, yes.  I've never seen problems with openjdk (with the
suse tree), so the segfault above might be also be related to the segfault
handling for read-only data segments containing code (the signal
trampoline on stack), for which the patches were recently proposed
upstream.

Ciao,
Michael.