qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Some mistakes(?)in wiki

From: Lb peace
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Some mistakes(?)in wiki
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 11:22:51 +0800

http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/ResetAPI
system reset
a hardware mechanism for setting or returning all hardware states to the initial conditions.
* Use case
In qemu, system_system_reset().

cold reset(power on reset)
system reset following the application of power.

* Use case
In qemu, system_reset() in main().
We might want to use this as a power cycle.
When a device is hot plugged, the device should be cold reset too.
* Guarantee
The internal status must be same to qdev_init() + qdev_reset()

warm reset
system reset without cycling the supplied power.
* Use case
In qemu, system_reset() in main_loop(). There are many places which calls qemu_system_reset_request().
Some state are retained across warm reset. Like PCIe AER, error reporting registers need to keep its contents across warm reset
as OS would examine them and report it when hardware errors caused warm reset.
I can not found these functions:
system_system_reset
system_reset
I think both of them refer to qemu_system_reset in  vl.c .They are different just because they have different caller postions.