qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] PCI/PC/VIRTIO/VHOST maintainer availability and rules for 2

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] PCI/PC/VIRTIO/VHOST maintainer availability and rules for 2.1
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 10:13:14 +0300

Hi guys,
This is just to let you know that I'll be traveling starting Tuesday,
July 8 and until July 27. I won't be able to attend the KVM developers
conference call or other meetings, but I plan to check mail every 1-2
days so this should be transparent to you, and there should be no
problem in case there are high priority bugfixes.

However, please do the following to make it less likely for me to miss
an important patch from you:
- cc me on the patches that need my attention
- tag patches appropriately with for-2.1 in the subject
- tag patches that aren't for 2.1 as RFC in the subject,
  and plan to repost as non RFC after 2.1 is out

We are already in hard freeze so I am already only merging bugfixes.
Starting Tuesday I plan to only merge high priority bugfixes,
for me, this means regressions only, or fixes in a new feature if
there is no workaround.

Preferably, please try to make patches as small as possible, e.g. don't
include code cleanups, function renames etc, we can do them after 2.1.

I wrote this up in http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/2.1 as well.

Other maintainers might have other ideas about what's acceptable,
if you Cc me but expect someone else to merge your patches,
please indicate this in the cover letter or after ---
in the patch, so I can focus on the technical side of it.

I plan to be online as usual from July 28, just in time for
QEMU 2.1 release.

Ciao,

--
MST