qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Starting X remotely

From: Brian Jackson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Starting X remotely
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:03:10 -0600

On Monday, November 10, 2014 09:42:45 AM Nigel Horne wrote:
> When I start any emulator remotely (i.e. I've logged into the host
> machine using 'ssh -Y'), I get this error and the guest console is
> unusable.  All works well when I am logged in directly to the host
> machine's console.  I'm following the instructions in the message and
> e-mailing you!

I guess the message could be more specific about the kinds of info that are
actually helpful to solve problems.

The full Qemu command line used
In this case it appears keycode related, so keyboard settings of host, guest,
remote system you are connecting from, etc.
The key you pressed (don't say any key, tell us an exact key that reproduces
this)
Any other pertinent information