qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Review of monitor commands identifying BDS / BB by name

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Review of monitor commands identifying BDS / BB by name
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 15:51:08 +0100

Eric Blake <address@hidden> writes:

> On 12/03/2014 03:30 AM, Kevin Wolf wrote:
>> [ CCed BenoƮt and Max, this is blockdev work ]
>> [ CCed Jeff, we're also talking about op blockers ]
>>
>> Not stripping quoted text for their convenience.
>
> I still intend to go through this mail in more detail, but off of a
> quick glance, I see you missed a command:
>
> qapi-schema.json:
> * change
>   @device (sometimes) names a backend, with the further restriction that
> no backend can be named 'vnc'

Missed because its handler isn't in block*.  I'll double-check by
examining callers functions monitor commands use to find BBs and BDSes.

> TODO: add new commands that de-multiplex this stupidity.  'change' is
> not extensible, and management should not be using it once the new
> commands are in place

Done: replacement for "change vnc password PASSWORD", namely
set_password and change-vnc-password.  No idea why we added two
commands.

Still missing: replacements for "change vnc DISPLAY" and "change DEVICE
FILENAME [FORMAT]".