qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] cpu hotplug and windows guest (win2012r2)

From: Alexandre DERUMIER
Subject: [Qemu-devel] cpu hotplug and windows guest (win2012r2)
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 11:26:08 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I'm currently testing cpu hotplug with a windows 2012R2 standard guest,

and I can't get it too work. (works fine with linux guest).

host kernel : rhel7 3.10 kernel
qemu 2.2

qemu command line : -smp cpus=1,sockets=2,cores=1,maxcpus=2

Started with 1cpu, topogoly is 2sockets with 1cores.

Then

qmp# cpu-add 1

I can see a new cpu is windows device manager, and event log in the device said
that it's online.

So it should be ok, but.

I can't see new processor in taskmanager or perfmon. (I had tried to relaunch
them to be sure.).

So, it is a windows bug ? Does I need to do something else ?