qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/96] pci, pc, virtio fixes and cleanups

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/96] pci, pc, virtio fixes and cleanups
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 17:23:17 +0900

On 19 February 2015 at 07:03, Michael S. Tsirkin <address@hidden> wrote:
> OK, I think it's a false alarm - passes fine on all other machines,
> and on this one, current master gives the same error:
>
> GTESTER check-qtest-aarch64
> qemu-system-aarch64: Unknown device 'gpex-pcihost' for default sysbus
> Broken pipe
> GTester: last random seed: R02Sf2b7ee633e245f2aa40572f893be1567

As you seem to have discovered, this is just because your
build tree has stale files in it:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2015-02/msg02607.html
It's one of those things where we made a change to our makefiles
(in fact a change from over a year ago, I think), and the new
dependency rules are self-consistent but don't provide an
"upgrade" path for ensuring correct files are generated
starting from a pre-change build tree state.

As far as I can tell, once you've caused the make_device_config.sh
script to get run once, the .d files will all be present so that
future changes like this aarch64 one to pci.mak or other included
files will correctly trigger rebuilds.

thanks
-- PMM