qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] unable to set SATA serial with a spaces

From: Alan Latteri
Subject: [Qemu-devel] unable to set SATA serial with a spaces
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 11:48:39 -0800

I am virtualzing a physical server for which I need to set the SCSI/SATA drive serial. It is comprised of 12 " " spaces then 8 letter/digits. If I exclude the spaces, the drive serial is not accurate. If I include the spaces I get the following error.

error: Failed to start domain test1
error: internal error: driver serial ' ABCD1234' contains unsafe characters

virsh edit
Centos 7.0
3.19.0-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64
QEMU emulator version 1.5.3 (qemu-kvm-1.5.3-60.el7.centos.7), Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard