qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/12] QOM devices patch queue 2015-05-20

From: Daniel P. Berrange
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/12] QOM devices patch queue 2015-05-20
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 15:08:24 +0100

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 02:57:12PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 29 May 2015 at 14:51, Daniel P. Berrange <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Since that caused failure with glib 2.22 could you revert that switch
> > to g_assert_null/nonnull.
>
> BTW, David Gilbert is looking at whether we can use the glib support
> to make use of "newer than version X" APIs a compile error everywhere
> rather than just on boxes with the older glib, which should help
> cut down on this kind of problem in future.

It seem these g_assert_nonnull/null functions are in fact just trivial
macros, so we could alternatively add them to our glib-compat.h file

#define g_assert_true(expr)             G_STMT_START { \
                                             if G_LIKELY (expr) ; else \
                                               g_assertion_message
(G_LOG_DOMAIN, __FILE__, __LINE__, G_STRFUNC, \
                                                                    "'" #expr
"' should be TRUE"); \
                                        } G_STMT_END
#define g_assert_false(expr)            G_STMT_START { \
                                             if G_LIKELY (!(expr)) ; else \
                                               g_assertion_message
(G_LOG_DOMAIN, __FILE__, __LINE__, G_STRFUNC, \
                                                                    "'" #expr
"' should be FALSE"); \
                                        } G_STMT_END
#define g_assert_null(expr)             G_STMT_START { if G_LIKELY ((expr) ==
NULL) ; else \
                                               g_assertion_message
(G_LOG_DOMAIN, __FILE__, __LINE__, G_STRFUNC, \
                                                                    "'" #expr
"' should be NULL"); \
                                        } G_STMT_END
#define g_assert_nonnull(expr)          G_STMT_START { \
                                             if G_LIKELY ((expr) != NULL) ;
else \
                                               g_assertion_message
(G_LOG_DOMAIN, __FILE__, __LINE__, G_STRFUNC, \
                                                                    "'" #expr
"' should not be NULL"); \

Regards,
Daniel