qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 12/62] framebuffer: check memory_region_is_loggin

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 12/62] framebuffer: check memory_region_is_logging
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 23:02:37 +0100

On 12 July 2015 at 15:09, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 10/07/2015 17:44, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> I've just noticed that one of my vexpress-a9 test images has
>> regressed, and git bisect suggests this commit (d55d42078bfb50)
>> is at fault.
>>
>> Test image (512MB)
>> http://people.linaro.org/~peter.maydell/vexpress-3.8.tgz
>> Untar anywhere, and run with
>>  ~/path/to/vexpress-3.8/runme path/to/qemu-system-arm
>
> I can't reproduce it.  I get to the root shell prompt (both on the
> framebuffer and on the serial console) and can poweroff successfully.

Odd, it was entirely consistent for me. This is with GTK
and X11-over-ssh-over-slowish-ADSL, so the actual refresh
of the display will be slow, but that ought not to imply
anything about how fast the guest can do things, right?
(I'm wondering if we somehow manage to spend all our time
trying to service the GUI and no time making forward
progress in the guest, though I don't have a clear idea
in mind of why this would be so or why this change would
make things worse, except that presumably we now do more
full-screen-invalidates.)

-- PMM