qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v3 00/12] Final changes for 2.4-rc0

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v3 00/12] Final changes for 2.4-rc0
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 14:31:12 +0100

On 24 July 2015 at 14:10, Daniel P. Berrange <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 02:06:44PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> >
>> > Well, not entirely. This set of configure flags used to work,
>> > and now it does not. That's a regression.
>>
>> In particular, configure --static --disable-tools --disable-system
>> now fails, and I think that's a perfectly sensible set of options.
>
> Presumably you have previously figured out which static libs you
> needed to install on your build machine previously though ?
> As that command line fails to verify presence of any static
> libraries at all - configure doesn't stop and tell me to install
> any static libraries at all on my machine which has no static
> libs present - it just fails to build later

Yes, but the set of required static libs for linux-user is pretty
tiny, and it doesn't generally change. In particular since we
don't want to link gnutls into linux-user we shouldn't be requiring
the user to scrape up a static lib of it to keep things working.
Requiring gnutls at all for these configure options is just a bug
(in configure or the makefile).

-- PMM