qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Does qemu support mixed endianness

From: Peter Crosthwaite
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Does qemu support mixed endianness
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 11:15:05 -0700

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 5:01 AM, sridhar kulkarni <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am endeavoring run threadX operating system based application on
> vxpress-a9 board. My application has specific requirement in that
> instructions are little endian and data is big endian.

Paolo had some patches for ARM mixed endianess a while back that I was
rebasing and refactoring but they haven't landed upstream nor did I
get around to seeing it through to completion. Specifically, do you
need just BE8 or BE32 as well (I think vexp A9 should be just BE8 but
my memory on that stuff is hazy)?

> Does qemu support mixed endianness? If yes how I can configure to qemu to
> tell that guest is mixed endian?

Its not really a configury thing, more a missing feature.

Regards,
Peter