qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Agenda items for today's MTTCG call

From: Alexander Spyridakis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Agenda items for today's MTTCG call
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 14:10:38 +0200

> do we have some clear instructions about how to set the whole thing up using
> the latest publicly available code? (Which patches to apply, in which order
> etc)?
>
> Btw these instructions could go in the dedicated MTTCG wiki page of QEMU as
> well I guess..

Hi Claudio,

You can find mttcg + atomic handling here:
https://git.virtualopensystems.com/dev/qemu-mt.git branch
slowpath-for-atomic-v5-mttcg

git clone https://git.virtualopensystems.com/dev/qemu-mt.git -b
slowpath-for-atomic-v5-mttcg
./configure --target-list=arm-softmmu
make -j8

Then you can use the following command line to start an SMP linux guest:

./qemu-system-arm \
    -smp 8 \
    -nographic \
    -kernel zImage \
    -m 1024 -M virt -cpu cortex-a15 \
    -drive if=none,file=disk.img,id=fs,format=raw \
    -device virtio-blk-device,drive=fs \
    -netdev type=user,id=net0 \
    -device virtio-net-device,netdev=net0,mac="52:54:00:12:34:56" \
    -append "console=ttyAMA0 root=/dev/vda rw ip=dhcp"

Regards.