qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] MTTCG Sync-up call today? Agenda items?

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: [Qemu-devel] MTTCG Sync-up call today? Agenda items?
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 12:21:31 +0100

Hi,

It's been awhile since we synced-up with quite weeks and Easter out of
the way are we good for a call today?

Some items I can think would be worth covering:

  - State of MTTCG enabled LL/SC

    I think Alvise was looking at some run-loop changes for the MTTCG
    enabled part of his LL/SC patch set. I haven't heard anything for a
    while.

  - Linaro's current efforts

    Sergey is currently working with us in up-streaming MTTCG related
    patches. We've taken stuff from Paolo and Fred's trees and push
    several series to the list for review:
      - various TCG clean-ups
      - atomic jump patching
      - base enabling patches

  - Memory ordering work

    I put this up as a suggested project for GSoC and we had several
    applicants. We are currently awaiting Google's decision on slot
    allocations so hopefully we'll have an extra pair of hands on this
    chunk.

  - Emilio's work

    Emilio posted a series last year with some alternative approaches to
    solving some of the MTTCG problems. He's back and working on this
    again and has posted his qht series as a precursor to his next
    revision of the MTTCG tree.

  - TCG maintainers view

    It would be useful if we had a view from the TCG maintainers of how
    we are doing and if the approaches have a chance of getting merged.

  - Timescales

    Internally at Linaro we've been discussing potential timescales. We are
    currently aiming to have all major pieces of MTTCG posted on list and
    being iterated through reviews before this years KVM Forum. This will
    leave us KVM forum to resolve any remaining barriers to eventual
    up-streaming.

Anything else worthy of discussion? If you need the number to call ping
me off list.

--
Alex Bennée