qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Suggested improvement to the wiki

From: Attila-Mihaly Balazs
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Suggested improvement to the wiki
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 18:08:50 +0300

Hello,

I don't have an account on the wiki (and new account creation is disabled
[1]), hence I'm posting the suggestion here in the hope that somebody with
an account can do it:

On the "Hosts/Linux" page in the "Simple build and test" section [2] I
would do the following changes:

- change configure to only build the x86_64 target:
../../../configure --target-list=x86_64-softmmu --enable-debug

- enable parallel build:
make -j4

This should speed up the build for people getting started.

Regards,
Attila Balazs (Grey Panther)

[1] http://wiki.qemu.org/Main_Page
[2] http://wiki.qemu.org/Hosts/Linux#Simple_build_and_test