qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-stable] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 2.6.1 Stable released

From: Peter Lieven
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-stable] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 2.6.1 Stable released
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 22:16:06 +0200

> Am 13.09.2016 um 20:04 schrieb Michael Roth <address@hidden>:
>
> Quoting Peter Lieven (2016-09-13 10:52:04)

>>> Two more candidates for stable:
>>>
>>> 4b7f91e virtio: zero vq->inuse in virtio_reset()
>>> 104e70c virtio-balloon: discard virtqueue element on reset
>>>
>>> They also deal with "Virtqueue size exceeded" errors.
>>>
>>> Stefan
>>
>> There also seems to be an regression (segfault) in the VNC server in 2.6.1,
>> but i am still investigating.
>
> Do you have a reproducer? I can try a bisect. Trying to get the initial
> staging tree posted today but want to make sure any known regressions are
> addressed beforehand.

i am out of Office till Monday, but if I remember correctly I saw mutex errors
(not segfaults) with 2.6.1 that were not there on 2.5.1.1. They happened while
my colleagues where experimenting with a new VNC client. So its likely that a
certain connect/disconnect pattern is the trigger. I am not sure if the same
issue exists in master. For more details we might have to wait till i am back
at the office, sorry.

However, CC'ing Jan from Kamp. Maybe he has a reproducer.

Peter