qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] NetBSD maintenance

From: Kamil Rytarowski
Subject: [Qemu-devel] NetBSD maintenance
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 01:27:58 +0200

Hello,

I noted a call for NetBSD maintainers in the 2.9.0 release notes.

I'm willing to attach a NetBSD machine to CI cluster and volunteer basic
maintenance. I'm mostly interested in NetBSD as host & as guest as this
is my daily and work driver on my desktop and development machines.

If I understand correctly there is currently no infrastructure for CI:
http://wiki.qemu.org/Testing/ContinuousIntegration

I'm familiar with Python buildbot, I run a machine for the LLVM
toolchain with Clang and LLDB. This setup works very well and it's easy
to setup with minimal dependencies:
http://llvm.org/docs/HowToAddABuilder.html

My LLVM machine:
http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/lldb-amd64-ninja-netbsd7

Although, I plan to upgrade it pretty soon and rename, so look for
lldb-amd64-ninja-netbsd8.

As of today NetBSD patches for qemu are maintained in pkgsrc. There are
also at least DragonFly and SunOS (SmartOS) diffs available.
https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/tree/trunk/emulators/qemu/patches

Qemu is one of the core tools in NetBSD development and it's used in our
release engineering infrastructure:

http://releng.netbsd.org/test-results.html

I will start with upstreaming local diffs and move on to running tests.
I'm aware that there are lately issues with ACPI, APIC, SMP and certain
device drivers... but not everything at once.