qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/21] Docker and shippable updates

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/21] Docker and shippable updates
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 15:17:17 +0100

Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 12:13 PM, Alex Bennée <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Now we've been running shippable for a while is it worth turning on the
>>> IRC notifications?
>>
>> What about moving such bot/scripts notifications in another channel
>> like #QEMU-notifications?
>
> ping?

I'm in two minds so I suspect this is something that needs to be taken
to the users of #qemu.

>> It is often hard to follow 3 concurrent topics while the travis-ci bot
>> disrupts entering/broadcasting/leaving...

I find it useful as its somewhere I look at a lot. That said it is not
exactly a trial to sub to yet another IRC channel.

>> I'd also like to see here checkpatch/patchew stripped output, and
>> eventually gcov/gprof reports.
>> I don't think full patchew reports are useful in a mailbox.

I disagree. They could certainly be made terser but I think the general
workflow of posting automated testing reports to patch series is a
useful one.

--
Alex Bennée