qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/21] Docker and shippable updates

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/21] Docker and shippable updates
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 15:22:11 +0100

On 10 July 2017 at 15:17, Alex Bennée <address@hidden> wrote:
> Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I don't think full patchew reports are useful in a mailbox.
>
> I disagree. They could certainly be made terser but I think the general
> workflow of posting automated testing reports to patch series is a
> useful one.

Agreed. What we want is a mode for the makefile where
it doesn't even print the "   CC foo.o" lines (except
perhaps for the case where it's going to print an error
message, if possible, but that might not be doable), and
then we can use that for patchew emails and also maybe
for the Travis builds, whose logs are currently too long
for the web viewer to cope with (might run into issues with
travis thinking the build has stalled though.)

Is there a standard-ish convention for a really-silent
build we can borrow from the linux kernel or somewhere?

thanks
-- PMM