qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Where is the VM live migration code?

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Where is the VM live migration code?
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 07:33:44 -0500

> On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 04:25:08PM +0530, Aditya Bhardwaj wrote:
>> My lab setup is: 3 HP Servers each of 4 GB RAM. Server 1 and Server 2:
>> installed with Virtualization using KVM on Redhat 6.5 System. On top of
>> this I am using libvirtd for managing virtual machines. NFS server is
>> installed on Server 3 for shared disk image. VM migration is working
>> correctly. Now i need to do some changes in "migration.c" but did not find
>> any source code of KVM-QEMU migration.
>>
>> Where I can find the migration source code for KVM-QEMU. All are requested
>> to help me for this issue.
>
> QEMU source code is in GIT
>
>   https://git.qemu.org/gitweb.cgi?p=qemu.git;a=summary
>
> in the 'migration' directory.
>
> If you're new writing code for QEMU then see this page too
>
> https://wiki.qemu.org/index.php/Documentation/GettingStartedDevelopers

I've also got a patch pending to make the various qemu executables
provide a link to qemu.org as part of their --help output (which will in
turn make it easier to find links to the source code):

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2017-07/msg09049.html

It needs some review if it's going to be part of 2.10.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266