qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RISU v2] i386: Add avx512 state to reginfo_t

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RISU v2] i386: Add avx512 state to reginfo_t
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 21:23:02 -1000

On 4/11/19 4:05 PM, Jan Bobek wrote:
> Looks fine to me. I suppose if I had written it, I would have included
> more comments and/or #define's to make some bits more obvious (all the
> magic constants look a bit scary until you read the Intel manual), but
> nevermind that.

You're right that it absolutely cries for comments and constants.  I usually
don't know how to write those until I know what I am doing.  In this case I
really hadn't figured out what I wanted to do -- perhaps obvious for sending
two different patches inside a couple of hours.

> I guess the other remaining part now is extending risugen to actually
> generate the test blobs.

Yes.  I gave that a read and think that you should need only simple extensions
to the current infrastructure.

r~