Re: [Qemu-discuss] A few bugs and updating QEMU

From: Mike Lovell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] A few bugs and updating QEMU
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 10:20:29 -0600

On 06/02/2012 01:19 AM, Jake Thomas wrote:
Ok, here's an update. I still have no idea how to get qemu to complie, and I
would love to know the actual ./configure options you people use to compile it
succesfully, but here's the good news:

In ArchBang I got a version of Qemu new enough to not have the ISOLINUX bug. So that did
get fixed. And it is obtainable without compiling from source. I just did "sudo
pacman -S qemu".

Also, this version no longer has the "-M ?" and "-cpu ?" bug.

And it does default to 64-bit on a 64-bit machine, though to QEMU's virtual
CPU, not to the common kvm processor. I was just worried there for a little bit
that it defaults to 32-bit on a 64-bit machine.

So it's looking good. It would just be nice to know how to compile it.

i've compiled many versions from 0.15 and up. usually, my configure looks like './configure --prefix=/opt/qemu-<version> --target-list=x86_64-softmmu' and its been working for me. i haven't seen any of the problems you are describing. sry i don't have more info to give.

mike